Learn to make a comfort food favorite with a twist: using Turkey and cornmeal grits.
1 1⁄2 Pound (lean white meat)
2 Tablespoon (for turkey)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely (for turkey)
1 Teaspoon, minced (for turkey)
1 Tablespoon (Harvest Eating)
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely, steamed (for about 30 minutes)
1 Cup (16 tbs), diced (organic)
2 Cup (32 tbs), stone ground (as needed, cooked with a touch of water, milk and salt)
1 Cup (16 tbs), grated
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In a heavy pan, heat the olive oil, stir the onion and garlic.
3) Add the ground turkey, beak up the meat with the spoon and cook until cooked through.
4) In a heavy bottom cast iron casserole dish, spread a layer the cooked turkey mixture at the bottom and sprinkle evenly with the seasoning.
5) Then add a layer steamed kale and sprinkle evenly with the seasoning.
6) Add the Butternut squash in a layer and sprinkle with a little seasoning.
7) Add a layer of the cooked corn grits on top and lightly press to cover the pie evenly.
8) Sprinkle the cheddar cheese evenly over the layer of corn grits and sprinkle with a little seasoning.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes until lightly browned on top, cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
10) Slice the Shepherd's Pie and serve hot or warm as desired.