This pork pie was a best seller at the deli in Christmas time in New Hampshire. It is very interesting because of the different spices it contains. These give the pie a very unique flavor. If you like pork, I hope you give this a try.
1 1⁄2 Pound
4 Medium, chopped
1⁄2 Medium, minced
3 Cup (48 tbs)
2 Medium (2- 9 inch)
1. Peel and cook the potatoes. Mash them and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Place the meat, scallion, onion, bay leaves, allspice, cinnamon and cloves in a large skillet.
4. Add the water and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bring meat to a boil and simmer softly for about 2 hours or until all liquid has dried up. Remove from heat.
6. Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
7. Line a pie plate with dough. Fill it with pork filling.
8. Cover pie with extra dough. Cut 4 slits in the middle of your pie.
9. Bake pie in middle rack of oven for about 45 minutes.