French Canadian Pork Pie
|Ground pork||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Scallions||4 Medium, chopped|
|Red onions||1⁄2 Medium, minced|
|Bay leaves||2 Medium|
|All spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Red potatoes||6 Medium|
|Pie crust||2 Medium (2- 9 inch)|
1. Peel and cook the potatoes. Mash them and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Place the meat, scallion, onion, bay leaves, allspice, cinnamon and cloves in a large skillet.
4. Add the water and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Bring meat to a boil and simmer softly for about 2 hours or until all liquid has dried up. Remove from heat.
6. Add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
7. Line a pie plate with dough. Fill it with pork filling.
8. Cover pie with extra dough. Cut 4 slits in the middle of your pie.
9. Bake pie in middle rack of oven for about 45 minutes.
10. On a serving plate, slice and serve.
Calories 1288 Calories from Fat 618
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.5%
Saturated Fat 25.9 g129.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.5 mg40.8%
Sodium 727.6 mg30.3%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.5%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 112.2%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 31.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet