1. Wash, peel and rewash the parsnips and cut them into approx. 8cm lengths.
2. Cut each piece on half lengthways and then in half once again.
3. Remove any tough core from the middle of the parsnips such that there are finger-shaped parsnips about 8cm in length.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5).
5. Pour oil into a roasting tray or ovenproof dish and heat in the oven.
6. When hot, remove from the oven and add the parsnips and season to taste.
7. Quickly stir to ensure the parsnips are evenly coated with oil and return to the oven and roast for about 12–15 minutes.
8. Remove the parsnips from the oven and stir in the clear honey and return to the oven for about a further 10 minutes.
9. Remove the roasted parsnips from the oven, using tongs, place them into warmed serving dishes or onto warmed plates.