1. In a pan or pot, add the oats, brown sugar, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and finally milk.
2. Stir to mix all well and see to it that the milk covers the oats completely. Do not add water.
3. Put it in the refrigerator for 10 hours.
4. Take the pan with the oats and milk mixture and heat it for 5 minutes.
5. Stir it continuously, till it reaches desired consistency.
6. Turn off the heat.
7. In a serving plate, scoop out the porridge and pour milk around it. Garnish it with brown sugar or maple syrup and serve hot.