Turkey Shepherd's Pie
|Potato||3 Large, cut (MASHED POTATO)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (MASHED POTATO)|
|Low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (MASHED POTATO)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (MASHED POTATO)|
|Pepper||1 Pinch (MASHED POTATO)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 Large, chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery stalks||5 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Turkey||1 Pound, minced|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces.
3. In a large pan, boil water, add the potatoes, salt, cover and cook till soft.
4. Remove from heat and strain it. Transfer into the pan.
5. Add milk, butter and salt and pepper to taste. Mash it to smooth paste. Keep aside.
6. Chop all the vegetables.
1. In a pan, heat olive oil.
2. Add all the vegetables, salt, pepper, stir and cook for few minutes.
3. Put the minced garlic and cook till translucent.
4. Pour the tomato paste and stir to mix well.
5. Add the minced beef, Worcestershire sauce. Chicken broth, frozen peas and stir well.
6. Cook for 10 minutes or till it thickens. Remove from heat.
7. In a baking dish, spray the non-stick cooking spray.
8. Scoop the cooked beef and vegetables into the dish at the bottom to fill ¾ th.
9. Top it with the mashed potatoes.
10. Bake it for 30 minutes or till it turns brown.
11. In a serving plate, scoop out a portion and serve hot.
This pie can be baked in small pots and served in the same.
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.5%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.9 mg30.3%
Sodium 866.2 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 81.7% Vitamin C 102.8%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet