|Self-raising flour||135 Gram|
|Caster sugar||120 Gram|
|Soft margarine||120 Gram|
|Vanilla extract||6 Drop|
|Water icing||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Optional)|
|Cake decorations||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Optional)|
1. Line your bun tin with paper bun cases.
2. Make the water icing, cover with cling film and save till later.
3. Break the eggs into a clean jug and beat well.
4. Weigh and measure all ingredients.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 175°C (Gas Mark 3).
6. Place the soft margarine and caster sugar into a large clean mixing bowl.
7. Using a hand-held electric whisk, whisk together until light and fluffy and is pale in color.
8. Scrape down the sides of the bowl from time to time.
9. Whisk at a high speed and gradually add the beaten eggs a little at a time.
10. When all the egg has been incorporated, add a few drops of vanilla extract for flavor.
11. Sieve the flour into the bowl and fold in using a large metal spoon or spatula.
12. Divide your mixture between the paper bun cases, filling them to about ¾ full.
13. Place in the centre of your pre-heated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until the cakes are well risen, light golden brown and slightly firm to touch.
14. Remove the fairy cakes from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
15. When completely cold, spread a little water icing over the centre of each cake – you could use a spoon or small knife for this but you may find a small paper piping bag is more user-friendly. You can use different colors of icing.
Calories 849 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 872.9 mg36.4%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g47%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 37.4 g
Protein 8 g17%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 13.2% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet