A delicious appetizer or light lunch consisting of mini grilled sandwiches of fresh mozzarella and tomato with a luscious roasted red pepper dipping sauce.
1 Large, cut into slices
6 Small, sliced ((Mozzarella cheese balls))
Under ripe tomato
2 Medium, cut into thin half moons and dried over paper towels
Jarred roasted red bell pepper
28 Ounce, drained ((for dip))
6 Clove (30 gm) ((for dip))
2 Tablespoon ((for dip))
1 Cup (16 tbs), mixed with1/2 cup water ((for dip))
2 Pinch ((for dip))
Double strength concentrated tomato paste
1 Tablespoon ((for dip))
1 Teaspoon ((for dip))
2 Tablespoon, finely minced ((for garnishing))
1. Lightly butter the bread slices on one side.
2. Cut and prepare the tomatoes.
3. In a small blender jar, take roasted bell pepper, garlic confit and roasted tahini; pulse for a few seconds.
4. Add the tomato puree, salt, tomato paste and lemon juice; pulse for another few seconds.
5. Heat a pan over medium heat, grease the pan with butter and place the bread slices with their buttered side down.
6. Place cheese slices on every bread slice.
7. Top with remaining slices of bread with the buttered side up.
8. Flip them over once they are brown on the bottom.
9. When the bottom is brown and cheese is melting, take them out of the pan.
10. Plate the sandwiches and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
11. Serve the mini sandwiches with roasted red pepper dip.
Watch " The Homegrown Gourmet Mini Grilled Sandwiches of Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato with Roasted Red Pepper Dip Part 1" and "The Homegrown Gourmet Mini Grilled Sandwiches of Fresh Mozzarella and Tomato with Roasted Red Pepper Dip Part 3" for the complete recipe.
Mini Grilled Sandwiches With Roasted Red Pepper Dip - Part 2 - Bell Pepper Dip Recipe Video