Stuffed Mushrooms with Feta Cheese and Spinach - Part 1 - Stuffing
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Softened butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||5 Small, minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Spinach||5 Cup (80 tbs), finely shredded|
|Sea salt||1 Dash|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon ((or to taste))|
|Meyer lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Organic chicken broth/Vegetable broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian seasoned bread crumbs||8 Ounce|
|Organic salt free white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Feta cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
|White mushrooms||10 Large, stem removed|
1. In a large pan, heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
2. Add the minced shallot and garlic to the pan; let soften under medium high heat.
3. Add the finely shredded spinach to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add Meyer lemon juice and ¼ cup Organic chicken broth.
5. Add the bread crumbs and more ¼ cup Organic chicken broth.
6. Add half of the Organic salt free white wine and give it a quick stir.
7. Remove pan from heat and add parmesan cheese and feta cheese; mix well.
8. Use the spinach cheese mixture for stuffing the mushroom caps.
9. In a baking dish, place the stuffed mushrooms and sprinkle little bit of parmesan cheese on top of each mushroom.
10. Pour the remaining white wine in between the gaps of mushrooms; do not pour on top as it will wash away the cheese.
11. Grill in oven for about 10 minutes.
12. Serve the stuffed mushrooms with a salad on the side.
Calories 556 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.1 mg22%
Sodium 1979.6 mg82.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 75.6% Vitamin C 25%
Calcium 54.4% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet