Rissotto with Peas and Swiss Chard
|Chicken broth||8 Cup (128 tbs) (For the risotto with peas)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsalted (For the risotto with peas)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For the risotto with peas)|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced (For the risotto with peas)|
|Brown mushrooms||1 Pound, finely chopped (For the risotto with peas)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, minced (For the risotto with peas)|
|Arborio rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For the risotto with peas)|
|Frozen peas||3 Cup (48 tbs), thawed optionally (For the risotto with peas)|
|Parmesan||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated (For the risotto with peas)|
|Swiss chard||1 Bunch (100 gm), large (For the Swiss Chard)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, sliced (For the Swiss Chard)|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (For the Swiss Chard)|
|Salt||2 Tablespoon (For the Swiss Chard, use as per taste)|
To make the risotto with peas:
1. In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add olive oil and onions, cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and mushrooms.
4. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the rice and sauté for about 3 minutes.
6. Add 1 cup of broth and simmer over medium-low heat until the liquid is absorbed, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
7. Continue add broth one cup at a time and cook until the rice is just tender and the mixture is creamy, about 30 minutes.
8. Stir in the peas and parmesan.
To make the Swiss Chard:
9. Rinse out the Swiss chard leaves thoroughly.
10. Remove the toughest portion of the stalk, discard. Roughly chop the leaves
11. Heat saucepan on medium heat, add olive oil and garlic, sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
12. Add the chopped Swiss chard leaves and cook with cover for about 5 minutes.
13. Turn the leaves in the pan, add a couple tablespoons of water if they look dry.
14. Cover for another 5 minutes, remove lid, add butter and toss to cover all the chard and add salt to taste and serve immediately.
Adding peas is a common addition, if you’re trying to sneak in some veggies for the kids (big and small), you can also add other cooked green vegetables like steamed asparagus or broccoli. You can also stir in vegetables as you serve, this makes leftovers easier to use in other applications like risotto pancakes.
Calories 981 Calories from Fat 586
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.6%
Saturated Fat 38.3 g191.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.9 mg51.6%
Sodium 5092.4 mg212.2%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.4%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 30 g60.2%
Vitamin A 103.8% Vitamin C 54.6%
Calcium 68.7% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet