One of our all-time favorite deli sandwiches...in a casserole! This delicious dish is so easy to make, and can even be made the night before for a stress-free brunch.
Rye bread slices
6 , cubed
14 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, rinsed
Deli corned beef
1 Pound, cut into strips
Thousand island dressing/Russian salad dressing
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
2. In a greased 13"x9" baking dish, spread bread cubes in bottom.
3. Sprinkle drained sauerkraut, spreading all over the bread.
4. Put a layer of corned beef over sauerkraut and drizzle Thousand Island dressing over top and smear it with spatula.
5. Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove foil; sprinkle with cheese and bake, uncovered, for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
8. Cut into portions and serve warm as desired.
You can put turkey instead of beef and Dijon mustard instead of thousand island dressing.