This is my go-to recipe for amazing, chunky Passover (or anytime) charoset. It's loaded with diced apples, walnuts, honey, warm spices, brown sugar and sweet wine.
Granny smith apple
1 , peeled, cored, diced
2 , peeled, cored, diced
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Sweet kosher red wine
4 Tablespoon (can use Manischewitz Blackberry wine)
1. In a large bowl add the apples.
2. Put the remaining ingredients, except the brown sugar.
3. Mix well, taste and add brown sugar to further sweeten.
4. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
5. In a serving bowl, serve the charoset with sweet tortilla chips or any other snack or appetizer.
This simple dish is ideal for the Passover and its low on calories too. Ensure that you follow the cooking and service procedure . The simple but nutritious ingredients will ensure that you are full and healthy.
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.75 mg0.03%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.5%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 1.9%
Vitamin C 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
My Favorite Passover Charoset- Diet Friendly Recipe Video