|Peas||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Gherkins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), dice|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, dice|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Eggs||2 , boil|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Hard boil the eggs and slice them, set aside
2. Dice the carrots, potatoes and gherkins, set aside.
3. Boil the peas in boiling salted water and in another pot boil the potatoes and carrots, do not over boil only al dente.
4. Once done drain and add all the vegetables in a large bowl, add the gherkins, vinegar, oil and salt and pepper to taste, mix everything whole the vegetables are warm.
5. Add the mayonnaise and mix everything well, for an interesting presentation, transfer the Russian salad in a bowl which is lined with foil.
6. Level the salad with a back of the spoon and cover it with foil and let it refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. Once done turn it out on the plate and decorate with hardboiled egg sliced and gherkins.
8. Serve the Russian salad along with some fried chicken.
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 414
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.8%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.8 mg36.6%
Sodium 526.1 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 79% Vitamin C 51.3%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet