2. In a bowl put together all the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. Add in cold butter and with your fingers rub the butter into the flour mixture until it forms coarse crumbs.
4. Add in the milk, lemon zest, and poppy seeds mix together with hands just to combine.
5. On a floured working table, place the dough and flatten it out into about 6 inches, round.
6. Cut the dough into 8 wedges, and place them on a sprayed sheet pan.
7. Brush the top with egg wash.
8. Put it in oven for about 15-20 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
9. Remove the scones from the oven and let it cool.
10. In a bowl mix together the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and butter.
11. Spoon the glaze over the scones and serve them in a basket.
One can never have enough of A.M treats! The sweet stuff in the morning is a bit more interesting, isn't it? And these are the prettiest little scones. They're packed with poppy seeds and lemon flavor, but the very lemony glaze is everyone's favorite part. Learn how to make these light and airy scones that will make your family and friends ooooh and ahhh as soon as you place a plate of the warm sweet breads on the breakfast or tea table.