Lemon Poppyseed Scones
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||5 Tablespoon, cold and cut in cubes|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||20 Gram|
|Egg wash||4 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
1. Preheat the oven to 400*F.
2. In a bowl put together all the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. Add in cold butter and with your fingers rub the butter into the flour mixture until it forms coarse crumbs.
4. Add in the milk, lemon zest, and poppy seeds mix together with hands just to combine.
5. On a floured working table, place the dough and flatten it out into about 6 inches, round.
6. Cut the dough into 8 wedges, and place them on a sprayed sheet pan.
7. Brush the top with egg wash.
8. Put it in oven for about 15-20 minutes or until nice and golden brown.
9. Remove the scones from the oven and let it cool.
10. In a bowl mix together the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and butter.
11. Spoon the glaze over the scones and serve them in a basket.
Calories 375 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.4 mg19.8%
Sodium 293.1 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 34.8 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 14.4%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet