In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Meatloaf Stacks. This video includes a new recipe for meatloaf. The Meatloaf Stacks use Beefy Whipped Potatoes and Beef Broth Gravy. You will find both recipes in bettyskitchen.
1 Pound, uncooked (about 20% fat)
1⁄2 Pound (any flavor)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (instant oats, which is probably better than old fashioned oats for this dish)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Ground black pepper
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 , well beaten
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for basting meatloaf)
150 Gram (Beefy Whipped Potatoes)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Beef Broth Gravy)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground chuck, sausage, oats, chopped onion, pepper, salt, tomato juice, ketchup, and egg. Using an electric mixer, mix well to obtain a smooth texture.
4. On a foil lined rimmed baking pan, transfer the mixture and give it a log shape. Use some butter to give it a proper shape.
5. Pop the pan in a 350 degree F oven and bake for 1 hour, basting at the beginning and at 20 minute intervals.
6. Remove from the oven and transfer it to a clean cutting board. Cover it loosely with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes.
7. Slice it into ½-inch slices and stack it on a serving plate using beefy whipped potatoes as shown in the video.
8. Serve immediately with beef broth gravy on top.
This recipe can be made in stages, refrigerating each part, until you are ready to assemble your Meatloaf Stacks. Just microwave the amounts you need for the number of stacks you are making and put them together.