How To Make Millionaire's Flapjacks
|For the flapjacks|
|Rolled oats||400 Gram (350 - 400 g)|
|Golden syrup/Honey||2 Tablespoon|
|For the caramel|
|Sweetened condensed milk||400 Gram (One 400 g can used)|
|For the chocolate|
|Milk chocolate/Plain chocolate||300 Gram|
1. Place the can of condensed milk in a pan. Fill the pan with water until it is almost till the top of the can.
2. Put on the stove and bring the water to a boil. Boil for 4 hours, topping up the water every 30 minutes or so.
3. Take a baking tin, spread the rolled oats make roughly a 1 cm layer of oats. Set aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 160 C / 320 F.
To prepare the flapjacks:
5. In a pan, melt butter with sugar, honey and golden syrup.
6. When the butter is completely melted, add in the oats. Stir well until the oats are well coated with the butter and sugar mix.
7. Press into the tin and bake in the preheated oven for roughly 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool before removing.
To prepare the caramel:
8. When the can of condensed milk has boiled for approximately 4 hours, remove from the heat. Allow to stand for a few minutes.
9. Open up the can and empty the contents into a pan. Add the cream, butter and heat, stirring constantly until everything is blended together.
10. When the mixture starts to bubble, pour over the flapjacks, spread to cover everything well. Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
To prepare the chocolate:
11. Break the chocolate into pieces and put them into a pan with the butter, over a gentle heat.
12. Melt the butter, stirring constantly until completely melted.
13. Pour over the caramel, spread to cover everything.
14. Allow to cool for about 20 minutes, before cutting into pieces.
15. Cut into rectangles and serve.