1. Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate in microwave and set aside.
3. In a food processor jar mix together sugar and orange peel. Set aside in an airtight jar.
4. In a food processing jar take orange flavored sugar and blend for few minutes.
5. Add in the salt and butter, process until light and creamy.
6. Stir in the flour and process again.
7. Add in the rice flour and combine.
8. Scrape out the dough over the counter and knead with hand for few minutes.
9. Cut the dough in half, roll one of the parts into cylinder and place over a wax paper. Wrap the wax paper and push with cookie sheet to give a perfect cylinder shape.
10. Wrap into the same wax paper and place in a paper towel roll. Refrigerate for 150 minutes.
11. Take out the dough from the refrigerator and slice with a sharp knife. Place over a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake in oven for 20 minutes at 325 degrees F.
12. Take out the cookies from the oven and transfer over a cooling rack.
13. Dip half the shortbreads in chocolate and place over a wax paper, set aside to cool.
14. Another way of decorating cookies is make a wax paper cone and drizzle chocolate over the cookies.
15. Serve Chocolate Shortbread Cookies with coffee or tea.
If you are using salted butter then don’t use salt.
Learn one of the most popular Scottish treats, the Scottish Shortbread from this video recipe. This recipe shows us a little variation and makes it even more delightful. Try it out, your family will love these aromatic cookies.