Mushroom Shaped Meringue Cookies
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chococlates||2 Ounce|
|Cocoa powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven at 300° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl add in egg white and whisk with stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Until white and foamy.
3. Add in the cream of tartar and spin for 30 seconds.
4. Add in the sugar to the egg mixture gradually.
5. On half way through stop the mixer and scrape the sides of mixing bowl. Add in the remaining sugar to the mixture slowly.
6. Scrape the bowl and mix again for 10 seconds.
7. In a piping bag pour in the meringue mixture. Pipe up the mushroom caps over the parchment lined baking sheet. Damp fingers with water and press the peak of mushroom caps.
8. For making stem press the pipe and raise it.
9. In a tea strainer add in the cocoa powder and lightly dust over the meringue mushrooms with tap of a spoon.
10. Place the meringue tray in the preheated oven and turn the oven off and let it rest in the oven for 180 minutes.
11. Meanwhile in a bowl take chocolates and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Take out and stir the chocolate. Again place in the oven for 30 seconds. Take out the chocolate and stir well.
12. Take out the meringue from the oven and cut the top of the stem evenly.
13. With small off set spatula spread the chocolate over the underside of the mushroom cap, take stem and glue it on. Repeat the process.
14. Serve Meringue Mushroom Cookies with cakes and cookies to your guest.
Calories 110 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.7%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 15.2 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 23.1 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.3% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet