Demonstration of how to make mini pavlovas, a meringue fruit dessert, by Betty Bannerman Busciglio
Cream of tartar
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven at 300 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl add in the egg white and whisk with stand mixer until foamy.
3. Add in the cream of tartar and whisk to combine.
4. Stir in the sugar slowly at first, scraping down the bowl a couple of times.
5. Transfer mixture to a piping bag fitted with a 1/4" tip and pipe onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
6. Pipe a small circle and build a "wall" as demonstrated in the video.
7. Place in preheated oven and turn off the heat. Leave to dry for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
8. Fill the cookies with lemon curd or any of your desired filling. Serve and enjoy!
Australia's national dessert gets a small twist in this Mini Pavlovas recipe. You will see that it is mainly the technique that is the secret of this recipe and if you get that right, you will make it perfectly every time. Happy Baking!
Calories 136 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.02 g0.04%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 24.2 mg1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0%
Sugars 33.4 g
Protein 2 g3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
How To Make Pavlovas (Mini Meringue Cookies) Recipe Video