1. In a wok, heat oil, add 1/6th of the beef, fry until the beef turns brown. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat the process for the remaining beef, adding 1/6th at a time.
2. In a pan, place beef, add onions, mix lightly, add flour, stock cubes, mix and cook for a couple of minutes.
3. Add water, simmer for about an hour.
4. In a baking dish, place about 1/8th of the beef mixture, top evenly with mashed potato. Repeat the process to make desired amount of servings.
5. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, until the potato crust turns brown.
Affordable, quick and delicious – make wonderful meals of beef mince, from juicy beef burgers and meatballs to cottage pie and the perfect Bolognese. This is a great way to save money, time and effort and a guide to sensible, economic cooking. Having savory lean mince beef in your freezer and ensure that you put dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes on busy weeknights.