Unique cookery system tried and tested by the author over many years. Easy, economical and nutritious cooking which converts easily to ready meals. Uses readily available everyday ingredients which are easy to source. The Once a Week Cookbook gives calorie and fat counts to help those who are watching their weight.
150 Gram, washed, sliced
150 Gram, crumbled
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. Preheat a round baking sheet.
2. Preheat the oven to 400F.
3. On a dusted surface, roll the quick pastry into a 10 to 12 inch circle.
4. On a round baking dish, place the rolled circle, crimp the edges with hand, poke several holes with fork. Cover with a parchment.
5. Add dried beef, trim the edges. Bake at 400F for 15 minutes. Place the baking sheet back for heating.
6. Cook the leek in microwave on high for 2 minutes.
7. In a measuring cup, beat together milk and egg.
8. When the crust is done, remove the dried beef and parchment. Place leek, dried beef and cheese. Add pepper.
9. Bake at 400F for 30 minutes.