|Sponge cake layers||8|
|For chocolate buttercream|
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||12 Ounce|
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Pound, softened|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|For caramel layer|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sifted unsweetened cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Prepare the cake layers as per its packet instructions.
2) To make the chocolate buttercream, in a saucepan, melt the chocolate over boiling water. Take the pan off the heat and allow the chocolate to cool down.
3) Into a small bowl, add in butter and confectioner's sugar. Beat the mixture well till it becomes light and fluffy.
4) Beat in the egg yolks one by one while beating the mixture till it gets light and fluffy.
5) Place the bowl over a larger bowl filled with ice cubes.
6) Slowly, add in the cooled down chocolate. Beat the mixture till it becomes of a spreadable consistency.
7) Take a cake plate. Arrange seven of the cake layers with 1/3 cup of buttercream between each of the two layers.
8) Frost the sides of the cake as well. Keep aside 1/2 cup of the cream of garnish.
9) Place the cake in the refrigerator.
10) Arrange wedges of the caramel layer over the cake over a little bit of the buttercream.
11) For garnish, use a 2 1/2 to 3 inch biscuit cutter to make semicircles around of the bottom half of the cake. Apply cocoa around the marked semicircles.
12) Refrigerate the Dobos Torte till serving time.