Chicken Koulibiaca - Russian Baked Pie
|Chicken||8 Ounce, diced|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Chicken stock||2 Fluid Ounce|
|Cooked peas/Cooked sweet corn / beans||4 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped tarragon||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Frozen puff pastry||8 Ounce (1 Medium Package)|
1. In a pan melt butter and cook chopped onion until tender, 3-4 minutes.
2. Add chopped mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in flour, then add stock and bring to boil.
4. Then mix diced chicken into sauce, with herbs, seasoning and cooked peas, sweetcorn or chopped beans.
5. Let it cool completely.
6. Roll out completely thawed puff pastry into a rectangle and place on a baking sheet.
7. Down the centre of one side of pastry rectangle spoon cooled chicken mixture.
8. Brush edges of pastry with water, fold flap of pastry over top, seal edges and crimp to make a pretty edge.
9. With a sharp knife cut 3-4 slashes diagonally across pastry to allow steam to escape and brush the whole surface with beaten egg.
10. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, until pastry is brown and done.
11. Remove to a serving dish and serve hot.
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.8%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.2 mg38.1%
Sodium 223.6 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 17% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet