Everyday Irish Stew
|Lamb neck||1 Pound (Scrag Or Middle, 12 Ounce)|
|Cooked peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As Required, For Garnish)|
|Cooked carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As Required, For Garnish)|
1) Cut the meat into neat pieces.
2) Cut 1 or 2 new potatoes in halves, or old potatoes into slices. Slice the onions.
3) Take a pan and add meat, half of the potato and onions along with the water and seasoning.
4) Bring to boil and remove the scum, decrease heat and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours.
5) Fold in remaining of the prepared whole potatoes, seasoning and continue cooking for about 40 minutes.
6) In a hot dish, pour meat and stock along with potatoes and garnish with peas and carrots. Serve.
Calories 426 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76 mg25.3%
Sodium 197.4 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 22 g44.7%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 48.1%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet