Apricot Crumble Slices
|Canned apricot halves in juice||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground apple pie spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Margarine/Butter||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint (For Serving)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Grease a shallow cake pan of 8-inches.
3) Into a bowl, sift the spice and bowl.
4) Add the sugar and stir well.
5) Add the melted margarine and mix with the help of a round-bladed knife.
6) Set about one-quarter of the mixture aside to be used for topping.
7) Into the remaining mixture, stir the milk and then turn the mixture into the prepared pan. Press firmly and evenly over the base.
8) With a fork, prick the batter all over and right through.
9) On top of the mixture in the pan, arrange the apricots, cut-side down.
10) Between your fingertips, crumble the reserved mixture and sprinkle over the apricots.
11) Bake in the preheated oven (above the center) for about 50 minutes, till the topping is brown in color.
12) Transfer the cake to a decorative cake plate and serve hot or cold, as preferred. Ice cream makes a good accompaniment to this dessert.