Crustless Cranberry and Apple Crumble
|Apples||3 , peeled and diced|
|White sugar/Sugar substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bisquick||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oats||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cold butter||5 Tablespoon, diced|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
2. Take a 10 inch deep dish pie plate or similarly sized casserole dish and grease it. Place the baking dish onto a foil lined baking sheet just encase anything spills over during the baking process.
3. Take a small bowl, add the cornstarch, juice and zest of the orange then stir it together to form a lump free slurry and set it aside.
4. Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon and add them to a large bowl with the cranberries.
5. Add the sugar and stir then add the cornstarch orange slurry and stir again before transferring the fruit mixture to the pie plate or casserole dish.
6. For the topping: take a medium bowl, add the Bisquick, oats, walnuts, brown sugar, butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
7. Crumble the mixture together by pinching the butter into the dry ingredients with your fingers until you have a coarse crumbly mixture.
8. Spoon the crumb topping evenly over the fruit and bake it for 1 hour or until the top looks brown and crispy.
9. Allow the crumble to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
10. Serve as needed.