Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken and Corn Soup
|Whole chicken breasts||3 , skinned & split|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Frozen whole-kernel corn||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen chopped broccoli||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low fat milk||1 Tablespoon (Or Skim)|
1) Take a Dutch oven or a large saucepan and place chicken in it with breast side down.
2) Add water, onion, pepper and salt.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 35 minutes or until chicken turns tender.
4) Allow the chicken to cool and then separate meat from bones.
5) Chop meat into bite-size pieces.
6) Skim off fat from broth. Bring broth to a boil.
7) Add corn, broccoli and chicken. Bring the mixture to a boil again.
8) In the meanwhile, take a small bowl and combine together milk, flour and egg in it. Beat the mixture with a fork.
9) Crumble small pieces of dough mixture into the simmering soup. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until crumbled pieces and vegetables become tender.
10) Spoon out the soup into individual bowls and serve piping hot.