Shrimp & Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms and How to Keep Produce Fresh
|Crimini mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Pound (cleaned and stems removed)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Italian sausage link||2 , casings removed (sweet or spicy chicken sausage)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Onion||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Raw shrimp||8 Ounce, thawed, tails removed, deveined and finely ground|
|All purpose seasoning||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided (Grand Diamond)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Bread crumb||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (unseasoned)|
|Fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Parmesan cheese||To Taste, grated|
|For the salad|
|Arugula leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Prepare a baking sheet grease it with thin layer of olive oil.
3. Clean the mushrooms using a damp cloth remove the steams, set aside.
4. Thaw, remove the tails and devein the shrimps.
5. Mince the garlic, finely chopped the onion, parsley and keep everything aside in separate bowl.
6. In a food processor grind the shrimps, set aside.
7. In a small pan over medium high heat, sauté the sausage, onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
8. Sauté for 8-10 minutes or until browned, once done transfer it in a bowl.
9. In the same pan add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan then sauté the ground shrimp for about 2 to 3 minutes, just until the shrimp turn pink.
10. Season with Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning and add the lemon juice to the pan.
11. Transfer the shrimp into the bowl with the sausage.
12. In the bowl add the bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, grand diamond all-purpose seasoning, salt and about ¼ cup of olive oil. Mix well.
13. Brush each mushroom with the remaining olive oil.
14. Fill and lightly pack the stuffing into each mushroom and arrange it on the baking sheet.
15. Once done bake it in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes.
16. In the meantime combine arugula leaves with olive oil and lemon juice season with salt.
17. Serve as hors d’oeuvres or with a salad as an entrée.
Do not clean mushrooms under running water. They will have a rubbery texture.
Calories 175 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.9 mg11%
Sodium 191.1 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet