Healthy Scotch Broth
|Middle neck of lamb||500 Gram, cut into thin chops and trimmed of fat|
|Pearl barley||25 Gram, washed|
|Carrots||2 , scraped and diced|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Leeks||2 Small, washed and thinly sliced|
|White stock/Water and chicken stock cube- 1 cube||900 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In the cooker, place together meat, barley, carrots, onion, leeks, stock or water and stock cube and seasoning.
2) See that the cooker is not more than half full.
3) Heat the open cooker and bring to boil and skim.
4) Put the lid on the cooker, heat to high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
5) Lower the pressure slowly.
6) Using a perforated ladle, take the meat out and bone it.
7) Cut the pieces into bite size pieces and put back in the cooker.
8) Heat the barley mixture in open cooker.
9) Check and adjust the seasoning if needed.
10) Serve hot.
Calories 455 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.4%
Saturated Fat 13.4 g67%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86 mg28.7%
Sodium 585.9 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 28 g55.7%
Vitamin A 132.2% Vitamin C 25.7%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet