Healthy Scotch Broth
|Middle neck of lamb||500 Gram, cut into thin chops and trimmed of fat|
|Pearl barley||25 Gram, washed|
|Carrots||2 , scraped and diced|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Leeks||2 Small, washed and thinly sliced|
|White stock/Water and chicken stock cube- 1 cube||900 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In the cooker, place together meat, barley, carrots, onion, leeks, stock or water and stock cube and seasoning.
2) See that the cooker is not more than half full.
3) Heat the open cooker and bring to boil and skim.
4) Put the lid on the cooker, heat to high pressure and cook for 10 minutes.
5) Lower the pressure slowly.
6) Using a perforated ladle, take the meat out and bone it.
7) Cut the pieces into bite size pieces and put back in the cooker.
8) Heat the barley mixture in open cooker.
9) Check and adjust the seasoning if needed.
10) Serve hot.