Meringue Chocolate Chip Bars
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Semisweet chocolate morsels||6 Ounce (1 package)|
|Pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a small bowl, mix flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Add butter and blend well.
2) Take an ungreased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan, put the mixture into it evenly.
3) Sprinkle chocolate and pecans over it.
4) In a bowl, beat egg whites until foamy and then add 1 cup brown sugar slowly. Beat until stiff peaks form.
5) Spread meringue over chocolate chips and pecans.
6) Bake at 375 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes. Let it cool before cutting squares.
7) Serve Meringue chocolate chips bars as snacks in between meals.