Swiss Steak Lucerne
|Round steak||1 Pound, with fat trimmed & cut into 1 inch thickness|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Potatoes||4 , cubed|
|Carrots||4 , sliced|
1) Preheat oven to 325° F.
2) Take a knife and cut the steak into serving size pieces.
3) Sprinkle with pepper, salt and flour.
4) Pound the meat.
5) Turn the meat over and sprinkle with the remaining pepper, flour and salt. Pound again.
6) Place the meat in a 9-by-11-inch and cover with pepper, tomatoes and onions.
7) Cover and bake for about 2 hours.
8) Add carrots and potatoes.
9) Bake for another 1 hour or more.
10) Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.7 mg10.2%
Sodium 247.6 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 21 g41.3%
Vitamin A 148% Vitamin C 95.9%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet