Baked Apple Crisp
|Cooking apples||6 Large, peeled, cored, and quartered|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
1) Quarter apples in food processor using a slicing blade.
2) Take a lightly greased 13- x 9-x 2-inch baking dish, place the apple slices.
3) In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon and sprinkle it over apples.
4) In food processor bowl, add flour, brown sugar, and butter and mix until like coarse meal.
5) Spread it over coarse meal and then bake uncovered at 300 degrees for an hour.
6) Serve apple crisp warm with ice cream.
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg5%
Sodium 10.5 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 55.6 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 11.5%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet