|Cold milk||1⁄4 Pint|
|Made mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Beer/Ale /worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cheese||8 Ounce, grated|
|Toast slices||6 Large|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for toast)|
1. Heat the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook for several minutes.
2. Add cold milk to it gradually.
2. Bring it to a boil and cook until it becomes smooth and thick.
3. Add mustard, salt, pepper, beer or Worcestershire sauce, and most of the cheese.
4. Cook it over a medium flame, without boiling it too quickly till the cheese melts.
5. On a hot, buttered toast, spread remaining cheese and the above contents.
6. Brown it under a hot grill.
7. Serve Welsh Rarebit immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1974 Calories from Fat 1161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203%
Saturated Fat 80.1 g400.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 375.6 mg125.2%
Sodium 2332.2 mg97.2%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g40.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 79 g158.5%
Vitamin A 77.1% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 189.4% Iron 54.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet