|Apples/Plums or rhubarb||1 Pound|
|Plain flour||6 Ounce|
|Brown sugar||3 Ounce|
1. Wash and clean the fruit by peeling it or slicing it as required. Set aside till required.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F, 220°C, Gas Mark 7
3. Grease a pie dish, layer the fruit and sweeten it to taste by adding about 3 oz sugar to 1 lb. fruit
4. In a large bowl, prepare the topping by rubbing the fat into the flour and sugar to make large breadcrumbs.
5. Sprinkle this crumble on top of the fruit and press down. This dish can be frozen at this point or it can be baked in hot oven for 15-30 minutes till done
6. Remove from the freezer, thaw and bake. Serve warm with clotted cream