Lemon Meringue Short Crust Pie
|Short crust pastry||6 Ounce|
|Lemons||2 , juiced and rinded|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as required)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Butter/Margarine /cooking fat||1 Ounce|
1. Pre-heat oven at 375°F or Gas Mark 4.
2. In a flan ring, line the bottom with rolling out short crust pastry dough. Bake it at 375°F or Gas Mark 4.
3. In a bowl, add water to lemon juice such that it makes 6 tablespoons of liquid.
4. Mix cornflour with it.
5. In a pan, take fat, 2 ounce sugar and lemon rind. Cook it until it becomes thick and smooth in consistency.
6. Remove from flame and when the lemon mixture stops to boil, beat in the 2 egg yolks.
7. Pour the above contents into the pastry case. Bake it in moderate oven for 15 minutes.
8. In another bowl, take egg whites. Whisk it until it is very stiff. Add remaining quantity of sugar to it. Mix everything well.
9. Add all the mixtures and pour it in the pastry case. Top it with remaining quantity of sugar.
10. Bake it for 15 minutes in the centre of a moderate oven at 375°F or Gas Mark 4 if you want to serve it hot or for about 1 hour in a very low oven at 275°F or Gas Mark 1 if you want to serve cold.
11. Serve Lemon Meringue Pie either hot or cold.