Colorful, Healthy, High-Fiber, Low-Fat, Easy-to-Make Soup for those cold evenings! :) This is part of our short mini series of delicious soups!
For the soup
1 Medium, julienned
2 Cup (32 tbs)
12 Cup (192 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked
For the seasoning
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped
6 Clove (30 gm) (6 - 10 cloves used as required)
Fresh lemon juice
1 Cup (16 tbs)
For the garnish
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (As required)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely (As required)
1. Heat up a pot with a couple of tbsp of olive oil. Add onions and saute on low heat for about 5 minutes until caramelized and golden.
2. Add the lentils and water. Season with salt and pepper and let it boil.
3. Meanwhile, in another pan, warm some olive oil, add chopped cilantro and crushed garlic. Saute for a couple of minutes.
4. Add lemon juice to the cilantro and garlic mixture, and add this mixture to the boiling lentils. Stir and let it simmer for a few more minutes.
5. Add uncooked short pasta, boil for about 5 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
6. Serve warm garnished with some chopped cilantro and scallions.
For gluten-free option, use gluten free pasta.
'Tis the Soup Season and let the games begin! In this video, Sanaa shows us how to make the excellent soup. The Lemon Lentil Soup is colorful, healthy, high in fiber, low-fat, for the cold evenings! Enjoy with a few soup-sticks. Bon Appetit!