|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sliced strawberries||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
1) In an electric mixer, add egg whites and beat at high speed till foamy.
2) Sprinkle cream of tartar over egg whites, and continue beating till soft peaks.
3) Gradually add in the sugar, little at a time, beating well till stiff peaks.
4) On a cookie sheet lined with unglazed brown paper, drop the meringue mix by one-fourth cupfuls.
5) Shape the meringue into ovals of 3-inches.
6) Bake at 225° for 1 hour.
7) Turn off the oven and allow the meringues to cool in the oven itself for 1 hour.
8) Carefully remove from the paper and cool completely on wire racks.
9) Beat the whipping cream till soft peaks.
10) While beating, slowly add in the powdered sugar, and continue beating till stiff.
11) Gently fold the strawberries into the whipped cream.
12) Spread the whipped cream mix between two meringue ovals.
13) Garnish with kiwi slices and strawberry fans.