Danish Coffee Cake
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Almond flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Warm water||2 Tablespoon|
|Almond flavoring/Orange flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Sliced almonds||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2) Take a pastry blended and cut flour into butter with it.
3) Sprinkle with water and blend using a fork (or blend for about 30 seconds using a food processor).
4) Form a ball with the mixture and divide into half.
5) Take a cookie sheet and pat dough into two 12x3-inch strips on to it. Use the hell of your hand to form a little rim around the edge.
6) Combine butter and water in a 2 cup glass measure. Microwave (high) for about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes or until mixture begins to boil.
7) Stir in almonds.
8) Take a medium bowl and beat flour in it using a whip.
9) Add the eggs one by one, beating upon each addition.
10) Pour mixture in a greased mold and bake for about 40-50 minutes or until top turns crisp.
11) FOR THE FROSTING: Take a small bowl and combine water, almond or orange flavoring and powdered sugar in it.
12) Frost pastry with the mixture while still warm.
13) Sprinkle with sliced almonds and serve in small strips.