|Oven ready chicken||3 Pound|
|Dried breadcrumbs||2 Ounce|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Red currants||2 Ounce|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Ounce|
|Chopped hazelnuts||1 Ounce|
|Pine nuts||1 Ounce|
|Ground almonds||1 Ounce|
1) Preheat theoven to 375F.
2) In a bowl, add in the sultanas. Cover them with warm water and allow to rest.
3) Clean the chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle salt and pepper and rub well.
4) In a casserole, heat oil and 1 ounce of butter. Add in the chicken and brown well over high heat. Take the dish off the flame.
5) In a saucepan, melt butter. Add in the breadcrumbs and brown slightly over low flame.
6) Add in the drained sultanas into the pan. Next, pour in 2 ounces of stock , wine vinegar, 1 ounce red currants, nuts, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let the mixture come to a boil. Then simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in more stock, if too dry.
7) Stuff the chicken with the red currant filling. Close it shut using skewers or needle and thread.
8) Place the chicken in the casserole. Pour the remaining stock over it. Cover and cook for 1 hour in the oven.
9) Baste the chicken frequently.
10) Add in more stock if required.
11) Serve the Albanian Chicken hot with steamed rice on the side.