Russian Fish Cakes
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Whole grain bread slice||3|
|Haddock/Cod, halibut||2 Pound, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Carrot||1 Large, grated|
|Dried dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy granules/Grits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dill sprig||4 (To Garnish)|
1. In a medium skillet, take olive oil. Heat it over a very low flame to warm it gently.
2. Add onions. Saute it for 10 minutes or until it turns golden in color.
3. Transfer the above contents into a large bowl.
4. In a food processor, process bread so that it turns into crumbs. Add to the above mixture.
5. Then process fish with turning it off and on till it gets ground but not pureed. Keep it aside.
6. Grate carrot in a bowl.
7. Add dill, lemon and pepper. Mix it well.
8. Add fish. Knead it well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour so that the fish becomes firm.
9. Add yogurt, mayonnaise or Nayonaise and dill. Set aside.
10. Make 3-inch oval patties from fish.
11. In a large, heavy skillet, heat oil.
12. Roll the patties in soy granules and saute it over medium flame until they become golden in color. This should take about 4 minutes each side.
13. Serve Russian Fish Cakes with a dollop of yogurt sauce and garnish with a sprig of dill.