Gourmet Claret Cup
|Lemon||1 , thinly peeled rind and squeezed|
|Orange||2 , thinly peeled rind and squeezed|
|Red wine||2 Bottle (2 l) (Bordeaux Type, Home Made)|
|Tonic water||4 Dash|
|Cucumber piece||1⁄2 , thinly sliced|
1) In a saucepan, place the sugar and water.
2) Heat the sugar mixture gently to a boil.
3) Raise the heat and boil quickly for 3 minutes.
4) Stir in thinly pared rinds of lemon and oranges.
5) Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
6) Allow the sugar mixture to cool, and add orange and lemon juices.
7) Pass the sugar mixture through cheesecloth and add wine.
8) Place the strained mixture into the refrigerator until chill.
9) Stream in the tonic water just before serving.
10) Garnish with cucumber slices and serve chilled in tall glass.
Calories 919 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.21 g0.33%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.49 mg0.02%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g46.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 120.6 g
Protein 1 g2.2%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 78.3%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet