|Tart apples||4 Large, sliced|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Corn germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Butter an 8-inch-square baking dish.
2) Combine apples, raisins, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
3) Put the mixture into baking dish.
4) In another bowl, combine corn germ, rolled oats, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
5) Mix honey with butter, then combine with corn germ mixture.
6) Spoon this mixture over fruit and bake at 350°F 30 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is browned.
7) Top the crisp with milk or cream.
8) Cut the apple crisp into pieces and serve as dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1817 Calories from Fat 478
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.2%
Saturated Fat 29.3 g146.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 116.1 mg38.7%
Sodium 57 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 314 g104.6%
Dietary Fiber 32 g127.8%
Sugars 139.2 g
Protein 24 g48.9%
Vitamin A 32.2% Vitamin C 1410.1%
Calcium 53.5% Iron 46.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet