Lemon Meringue Cream Cups
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a mixing bowl beat the egg whites with lemon juice and salt. Beat till a foamy mixture.
2. Combine sugar, adding 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat till stiff peaks, but do not over beat.
3. In a cookie sheet place an unglazed brown paper.
4. On each paper spoon equal quantities of meringue.
5. Make circles from meringue with the back of a spoon. Each circle needs to be of 3 inches.
6. Preheat oven to 275°
7. Bake the ingredients for 1 hour at 275°.
8. Turn the oven off after 1 hour.
9. Cool the meringues for some time.
10. Remove the paper.
10. In the shells fill in the lemon cream filling.
11. Serve Lemon Meringue Cream Cups garnished with lemon rinds and whipped cream.