Microwaved Beef Stroganoff
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sirloin steak||1 Pound, thinly sliced diagonally across grain|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Fresh mushrooms||8 , sliced|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl mix flour, salt and pepper and dredge meat in mixture.
2. Pound mixture into both sides of meat.
3. In 9" glass baking dish, heat oil at high for one minute and add meat.
4. Microwave at high for 3-4 minutes stirring frequently to brown meat.
5. Add onion and garlic and microwave (high) 2-3 minutes.
6. Stir in water, soup and mushrooms and microwave at high for about 4-5 minutes, covered, stirring twice.
7. Test beef for tenderness.
8. Slowly blend in sour cream and heat at high for 1 minute.
9. Serve on cooked noodles or rice.
Calories 660 Calories from Fat 392
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.9%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 83.2 mg27.7%
Sodium 1293.8 mg53.9%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g2.4%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 27 g54.7%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet