Stroganoff of Chicken Liver
|Chicken livers||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), seasoned (Or As Required)|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled, finely chopped|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced (250 Grams)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon (Fresh / Cultured)|
1) Trim the chicken livers into pieces and dredge them with seasoned flour.
2) In a skillet, saute the livers over a low heat until browned.
3) Then remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
4) In the same skillet, saute the onion, stirring until soft and transparent.
5) Then stir in the mushrooms, water, salt and pepper, stir and cook until the mixture comes to a boil.
6) Return the livers into the skillet and simmer, covered for about 15 minutes.
7) Stir in the cream and heat thoroughly.
8) Serve the Chicken Liver Stroganoff over hot cooked rice.
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 411.3 mg137.1%
Sodium 190.8 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 23 g46.2%
Vitamin A 255.8% Vitamin C 39.7%
Calcium 3% Iron 62.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet