|Dried yeast/1/2 ounce fresh yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||4 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Plain flour||3 Ounce|
|Buckwheat flour||6 Ounce|
|Castor sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a bowl of warm water add in dried yeast and a pinch of sugar. Let it rest for 10 minutes. The mixture must get frothy. With fresh yeast you can directly use the creamed warm water.
2) Into the yeast mixture, add in half the quantity of milk and 3 ounces of plain flour. Beat the mixture well before covering well. Let the mixture rest for 120 minutes in a warm place.
3) Into the batter, mix in the buckwheat flour and salt.
4) In a bowl, beat the eggs along with the remaining milk and sugar. Add the beaten mixture into the buckwheat batter. Add in the melted butter.
5) Lightly grease a frying pan. Add in 4 to 5 tablespoons of the batter onto the pan. Cook till you see bubbles on the surface.
6) Flip the cakes over. Cook the other side too.
7) Keep brushing the pan with a little oil each time you pour a fresh batch of batter.
8) Serve the Russian Hotcakes with maple or cinnamon syrup.
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.5%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.7 mg57.6%
Sodium 326.4 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.2%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 15 g29.5%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet