Easy Swiss Steak
|Round steak||2 Pound, tenderize (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Onion soup mix||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Celery stalk||1 , diagonally sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. To prepare the steak cut it in serving pieces.
2. In a bowl mix flour, pepper and thyme and dredge meat coating both sides.
3. Arrange meat in 12x8-inch glass dish.
4. Cover evenly with soup mix, celery and sliced onion.
5. In 2 cup measure blend water and tomato sauce and pour over meat.
6. Cover with plastic wrap, venting 1 small corner.
7. Microwave at high for 10 minutes, then reduce to medium at 50% and cook for 20-25 minutes.
8. Rotate dish 1/4 turn and rearrange pieces for even cooking.
9. Microwave medium (50%), covered, 20-25 minutes.
10. Let it rest, covered for about 15 minutes and serve with garnish as desired.
Calories 317 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.3 mg20.4%
Sodium 301.7 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 34 g67.8%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet