Polish Pork Chops
|Thin pork chops||4|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can, Minus 2 Tablespoon)|
|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dill pickle||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1) Cut a small piece of fat from the pork chops.
2) Rub the bottom of a large skillet with this fat. Place aside.
3) Chop the onion coarsely and keep covered.
4) Place the skillet over medium-high heat to heat up.
5) When the skillet turns hot, place the chops to cook.
6) Sprinkle the chopped onions over the pork chops.
7) When the bottom side of the chops, is nicely browned; flip over to cook the other side, until brown.
8) In a bowl, combine tomato paste, yogurt and sherry.
9) Pour this mixture over the browned pork chops.
10) Cover the skillet and bring a simmer by reducing the heat.
11) Simmer for the remainder of 30 minutes or until the chops are nice and tender.
12) Sprinkle salt and pepper to season.
13) Sprinkle chopped pickle on top, before serving the dish warm.