Swiss Potato Soup
|White potatoes||4 Large|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Marjoram leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Celery leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped (Only Inner Leaves)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk/Half and half (light cream)||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Swiss cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
1) Wash the potatoes and peel them.
2) Slice the potatoes and onion. Keep them aside.
3) Take a saucepan and add potatoes.
4) Add water, salt, marjoram, celery leaves along with the white portion of 3 onions.
5) Bring them boil and allow them to simmer for 25 minutes.
6) Take away from the heat and mash them.
7) Take a pan and melt butter.
8) Add flour and cook for 2 minutes.
9) Add milk and cook for few more minutes.
10) Add this mixture to the potato mixture.
11) Add the remaining chopped onions along with parsley and pepper.
12) Cover and cook for few seconds.
13) Top the soup with cheese and serve in a serving bowl.