Swiss Potato Soup
|White potatoes||4 Large|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Marjoram leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Celery leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped (Only Inner Leaves)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk/Half and half (light cream)||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Swiss cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
1) Wash the potatoes and peel them.
2) Slice the potatoes and onion. Keep them aside.
3) Take a saucepan and add potatoes.
4) Add water, salt, marjoram, celery leaves along with the white portion of 3 onions.
5) Bring them boil and allow them to simmer for 25 minutes.
6) Take away from the heat and mash them.
7) Take a pan and melt butter.
8) Add flour and cook for 2 minutes.
9) Add milk and cook for few more minutes.
10) Add this mixture to the potato mixture.
11) Add the remaining chopped onions along with parsley and pepper.
12) Cover and cook for few seconds.
13) Top the soup with cheese and serve in a serving bowl.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2341 Calories from Fat 912
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.9%
Saturated Fat 63.7 g318.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 314.5 mg104.8%
Sodium 2719.4 mg113.3%
Total Carbohydrates 280 g93.2%
Dietary Fiber 33.1 g132.5%
Sugars 54.3 g
Protein 101 g201.7%
Vitamin A 165.6% Vitamin C 507.1%
Calcium 254.4% Iron 62.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet