Dutch Soup With Bread
|Onion||1 , peeled and stuck with 4 whole cloves|
|Dried parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef bouillon granules/Beef bouillon cubes - 2||2 Teaspoon (Stereo)|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Dried whole wheat bread slice||6|
|Canned beets||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (Fresh Ones)|
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a slow cooker, put the beef bones, thyme, bay leaf, onion stuck with cloves, parsley, bouillon granules or cubes, salt and pepper.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
3) Before it is time to serve, remove and discard the bones.
4) Place a large skillet over moderate heat and saute the onions in butter till they are golden in color.
5) Add 2 cups of beef stock from the slow cooker, bread slices, beets and caraway seeds.
6) Simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
7) Add the cabbage and simmer for another 10 minutes.
8) Add the milk, stir well and heat thoroughly.
9) Ladle the still hot soup into individual soup bowls and serve right away. Top with toasted croutons or shredded cheese, if preferred. The remaining beef stock, if any, can be stored for future use.