Hungarian Lettuce Soup
|Webb lettuce||1 Large, trimmed and shredded|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Dill weed||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Sour cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1) In a pan, melt the butter. Toss in the shredded lettuce. Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in buttermilk, garlic, chopped dill, salt and pepper. Let the mixture come to a boil. Cook on low flame for 5 more minutes.
3) In a bowl, mix in sour cream and flour. Add in water. Cream the mixture and add into the simmering pan.
4) Let the mixture come to a boil. Allow to simmer for 5 more minutes.
5) Take the pan off the flame. Add in lemon juice and sugar. Stir well and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
6) Serve the Hungarian Lettuce Soup hot, garnished with chopped dill, if desired.